June 27, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V458000
An exploding seat belt pretensioner can project metal fragments into the vehicle, strike vehicle occupants, and result in injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V458
Manufacturer Hyundai Motor America
Components SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected 72,470
Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2020-2022 Venue vehicles. In the event of a crash, the front driver-side and/or passenger-side seat belt pretensioners may explode upon deployment.
Dealers will secure the seat belt pretensioners with a cap, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed August 26, 2022. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai’s number for this recall is 231. This recall expands and replaces NHTSA recall number 21V-796 for Venue vehicles. Venue vehicles previously repaired under 21V-796 will need to have the new remedy completed.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
RECALL 231 ATTACHMENT A
CHRONOLOGY OF EVENTS LEADING UP TO DEFECT DECISION
❖September – October 2021
On September 15, 2021, NHTSA’s ODI informed HMA’s NASO of a crash incident involving a model year 2021 Hyundai Elantra vehicle where the driver-side seat belt pretensioner allegedly deployed abnormally causing metal fragments to enter the rear cabin and resulting in injury to an occupant’s leg. NHTSA was notified of the incident by a law firm representing the operator of the incident vehicle. The law firm also notified HMA’s external counsel on the same day, who then alerted HMA’s Legal department of the incident.
In subsequent discussions with the agency following the initial notice, ODI requested Hyundai’s assessment of the incident under cover of SGO 2015-01, a standing general order involving abnormal deployments of frontal airbag inflators manufactured by ARC. On September 22, 2021, in accordance with requirements set forth in SGO 2015-01, HMA submitted its first report notifying ODI of its receipt of the 2021 Elantra incident.
On September 30, 2021, NASO provided an update on its investigation of the 2021 Elantra incident.
NASO informed ODI of plans to inspect the incident vehicle on October 8, 2021. NASO also informed ODI that it would be targeting seat belt pretensioners produced in the same production lot as the incident pretensioner for further study into root cause and manufacturing/design defect identification.
On October 6, 2021, NASO convened its North American Safety Decision Authority (“NASDA”). Although the cause of the abnormal deployment is unknown, NASO decided to conduct a safety recall of vehicles equipped with pretensioners produced within the same production lot to conduct a detailed part return analysis.
Hyundai actively continued its investigation to determine if a specific root cause and defect trend exists. On December 3, 2021, HMC notified NASO of a second incident occurring on a 2020 model year Hyundai Accent vehicle in Puerto Rico. According to supplier information, the incident pretensioner was produced thirteen months prior to the suspect production lot initially identified in Recall 211. In accordance with requirements set forth in SGO 2015-01, HMA submitted a report notifying ODI of the new incident on December 10, 2021.
Based on this information, on December 10, 2021, NASO re-convened its NASDA and decided to expand Recall 211 to include 2020-2021 model year Hyundai Accent vehicles equipped with pretensioners from the earlier suspect production lot. Hyundai will continue to actively investigate this condition and conduct detailed part return analysis on both suspect production lots to determine if a specific root cause and defect trend exists.
On February 7, 2022, NHTSA’s ODI met with NASO to discuss tentative plans to require all manufacturers to submit new recall filings when expanding the vehicle scope of an existing recall that has been filed and posted to NHTSA’s recall website. ODI requested NASO to file a new recall for the 2020-2021 model year Hyundai Accent vehicles previously specified in Hyundai’s amendment of Recall 211 filed December 17, 2021. In an effort to enhance customer notifications and comply with ODI’s request, on February 8, 2022, NASO re-convened its NASDA and decided to conduct a new recall of 2020-2021 model year Hyundai Accent vehicles in the U.S. for the same defect specified in Recall 211.
On February 15, 2022, HMC notified NASO of a new incident involving a 2022 model year Hyundai Elantra vehicle in Singapore where the front left-side seat belt pretensioner deployed abnormally causing injuries to a rear passenger. The incident part was installed on the front left side of the vehicle as the subject vehicle is a right-hand drive vehicle. According to supplier information, the incident pretensioner production lot is different than the lots targeted in Recall 211 and 219. Additionally, the pretensioners from the subject production lot are equipped on the front right side of US specification left-hand-drive vehicles. Based on this information, and in continuation of Hyundai’s investigation into root cause, NASO re-convened its NASDA on February 24, 2022 and decided to conduct a recall of 2022 model year Elantra and 2022 model year Elantra HEV vehicles potentially equipped with pretensioners from the new suspect production lot.
❖March 2022 – May 2022
On March 25, 2022, NASO re-convened its NASDA to proactively increase the number of recovered pretensioners for analysis and identify the root cause. NASDA decided to conduct a new recall of Hyundai Accent and Elantra vehicles containing seat belt pretensioners from certain targeted pretensioner lots produced within approximately one (1) month before/after the identified suspect production lots associated with Recalls 211, 219, and 220, despite not receiving any new reports of occurrences in the U.S.
On March 28, 2022, investigative teams from NASO, HMC, and the supplier inspected the Puerto Rico incident Accent vehicle and found the crash pulse and duration data retrieved from the EDR compared similarly to the Singapore incident Elantra vehicle’s crash data. Based on this information, HMC determined that the pretensioners used in the subject Elantra and Accent vehicles could exhibit unique deployment characteristics when compared to other models using the same pretensioners. The differences are largely attributed to variation in the pretensioner’s load limiter specifications and vehicle-specific air bag control unit (“ACU”) logic, with crash severity/duration also being a contributing factor.
In April 2022, Hyundai retained Exponent, a third-party engineering firm, conduct metallurgical analyses on the connection between the micro gas generator and pretensioner used in the subject Elantra and Accent vehicles and identify potential areas of stress and fracture initiation sites during deployment. On April 20, 2022, NASO provided an update of Hyundai’s investigation to NHTSA’s ODI.
On April 25, 2022, HMC informed NASO of recent testing by design affiliates and the supplier that were successful in replicating the abnormal deployment condition in the subject Elantra and Accent vehicles. HMC also informed NASO of a potential remedy which would secure the micro gas generator connection with a cap and eliminate stress sites that could potentially increase the risk of an abnormal deployment. In subsequent testing, Exponent was able confirm the effectiveness of the cap in mitigating this risk. Exponent communicated the results to NASO on May 6, 2022.
On May 12, 2022, NASO met with NHTSA’s VRTC and Exponent to discuss the results of Exponent’s testing and analyses.
Based on the recent findings, NASO convened its NASDA on May 11, 2022, and decided to conduct a recall of all Elantra and Accent vehicles equipped with the subject pretensioner, including those already involved in Recalls 211, 219, 220, and 223, to receive the remedy cap, while continuing to actively investigate the remaining Hyundai Venue and Genesis GV70/GV80 vehicles involved in Recall 211/009G.
On June 14, 2022, HMC informed NASO of new testing results obtained through additional computer-aided engineering (“CAE”) simulation, bench testing, and sled testing. According to HMC, improper deployment caused by separation of the MGG was duplicated on a Venue sled test using crash parameters obtained from the “Singapore” Elantra incident. The sled test was equipped with a Venue production-level seat, seat belt and pretensioner parts, and an ACU set to deploy similar to the Singapore crash pulse. The over- pressurization of the pretensioner pipe leading to MGG separation is made possible by a combination of factors including occupant loading of the seat belt, vehicle-specific load limiter specifications, ACU logic, and vehicle crash severity/duration. HMC’s testing concluded that Hyundai Venue vehicles involved in certain collisions could perform similar to the Elantra and Accent vehicles involved in Recall 229 due to similarities in the aforementioned factors.
Based on the information obtained from HMC, NASO re-convened its NASDA on June 17, 2022 and decided to conduct a recall of affected Venue vehicles equipped with the subject pretensioner, including those already involved in Recall 211, to receive the remedy cap deployed in Recall 229.
Hyundai is not aware of any abnormal pretensioner deployment incidents, or related fatalities, injuries, crashes, or fires involving the subject Venue vehicles in the U.S. market.
3 Affected Products
3 Associated Documents
Attachment A ChronologyRMISC-22V458-7464
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V458-9361
Latest Recalls Documents
- 🥇【ALL IN ONE ABS BRAKE AIRBAG SRS SCANNER】1️⃣ABS SRS Airbag Brake Scan Tool: Car faults diagnosis for ABS Brake SRS Airbag system; 2️⃣Maintenance Services: Reset or calibrate sensors/components after repair; 3️⃣Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate & command ABS/SRS/Airbag components. 4️⃣Powerful OBD2 Scanners: S-M-O-G check, E-mission Status & Gas-Cap issue diagnosis for 12v vehicles after 1996. 👉TIPS: The abs scanner can NOT clear airbag crash data/collision data. NOT support programming/coding.
- 🎃【TOP ABS BRAKE BLEEDER SCAN TOOL】Have you always feel the Brake pedal was slowly sinking to floor or the pedal was loose than it was a new vehicle? This abs auto bleed scan tool will help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves to get a high and tight brake pedal to make the pedal firmer like a new car. No need to pay high service cost to own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed. 👉Note: Only works on the vehicles have auto abs bleeding.
- 🚦【MEET YOUR ALL DEMANDS ON ABS BRAKE SRS AIRBAG】 If you feel headache on choosing scan tool with more expensive functions or low-cost but less features. This abs scanner airbag code reader is born to solve your issues. Not only the NT630 Plus will diagnose, pin-point the problem down and tell you which sensor was bad, no need to replace one by one, but also it will reset/calibrate the new sensor after replacement. Finally the warning lights will off and all modules will running well again.
- 👍【UNIQUE ABS SRS BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL】It’s so valuable to own one with active test feature that never can not find on similar abs scanner. This abs code reader scan tool allows you to control the ABS/Airbag system and components to test hidden issues, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. When you exit the test, the system/component returns to normal operation.
- 🌈【SAS CALIBRATION STEERING ANGLE SENSOR RESET】 This Foxwell scanner obd2 lets you perform calibration of the steering angle sensor, which permanently stores the current steering wheel position as straight-ahead in the sensor EEPROM. On successful calibration of the sensor, its fault memory is automatically cleared.
- MANUFACTURER-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS : If the warning lights for the engine, ABS, airbag and transmission are flashing on the dashboard, even beginners can use it to read the data to find out what the fault codes mean, how serious the fault is and what options there are to fix it before you go to the repair shop. After the repair, it can even clear the fault code and turn off the warning light. If you are equipped with accurate information, you can avoid auto repair scams. No training is required.
- FIND OUT WHAT’S WRONG: It is able to read and clear fault codes in the SRS (airbag) and turn off the warning light to make sure the system is working correctly and safely. This diagnostic tool also displays a live graphical data stream of the supplemental restraint system (air bag), which allows you to analyze and verify that the air bag system is working properly.
- ABS OBD2 SCANNER: The FX2000 can read and clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) data stream transmitted from the ABS. It can verify the operating conditions of the ABS through a series of bi-directional tests and turn off the warning light. By retrieving the ABS code data, it can check the various brake components and accurately diagnose problems.
- TRANSMISSION FAULT DIAGNOSTIC: When noises start to come from the transmission, your car might have transmission problems. This transmission scanner will read fault codes, display live transmission system data (fluid temperature, fluid pump, clutch actuation, pressure, etc.), and ensures transmission performance is optimal for vehicle speed and load. It provides detailed TCM data of the vehicle, so you can quickly and accurately find existing or potential problems.
- FULL OBD-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS: Quickly determines the cause of engine system faults, reads current, permanent and pending codes, clears the codes and turns off the warning light. In addition, the FX2000 also displays important OBD II advanced data such as fuel, live data and other manufacturer-specific parameters in real time to ensure that the engine ECU is operating correctly and safely. saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- 🚩2023 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 【Accurate ABS/SRS Diagnostics Functions】The ABS/SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the vehicle’s ABS/SRS systems. It also provides the definition of each code to help diagnose problem areas within the systems that may cause the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) to turn on. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. To get real-time tech-support, please email: ❤autelchoice @ outlook . com❤
- 【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present, DTC Lookup.
- 【Easy to Perform AbsSrs】Please follow these steps to finish ABS/SRS system diagnostic testing procedure: 1. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine. 2. Turn on the scan tool and wait for the Main Screen to appear. 3. Select AbsSrs icon in the Main Screen. 4. Select a specific vehicle manufacture’s regional coverage. From the vehicle make screen, select a specific vehicle manufacture and press OK button.
- 【Wide Vehicle Coverage】AL619 supports more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicles, including Acura, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, Bugatti, Chrysler, Ford, EU Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Maybach, Mazda, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Porsche, Saab, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volvo.
- 【Free Life-time Updates & Print Data】Get AL619, it will comes with Free lifetime software update online. You can download the newest software anytime. The Print Data function allows printing out diagnostic data recorded by the scan tool or customized test reports by connecting the scan tool to a PC or laptop with the USB cable supplied.
- [2023 New Processor, Lifetime Free Update, No Subscription fee ] Faster! Stable! Upgraded Of FOXWELL Car Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000, The CRP123X Elite car diagnostic scanner has a new processor, Android 7.0, 16GB of memory, 5-inch touchscreen (720P), 6100mAh rechargeable battery, One-touch Wi-Fi Lifetime Free update for more vehicle coverage, bug fixes,newly added parameters, and functionality to help you access, diagnose and fix more vehicles faster. SAVE AT LEAST $2000 PER YEAR.
- [Newly Added 3 RESET FUNCTIONS] 2023 New Ver. scan tool CRP123X Elite ADDS NEW SPECIAL FUNCTIONS--Throttle Adaptation, Oil Reset, SAS Reset. Before the trip to the mechanic, the launch crp123x elite can do deeper diagnosis for the car system and react with accurate data in minutes. Just Update the software of your CRP123X scanner, and you’ll get this high-end function at no charge.
- [Accurate & Intuitive Multi System Diagnosis] Will you be confused about what happens when the warning light of transmission, ABS, and SRS Airbag check engine flashes? Launch obd2 scanner diagnostic tool CRP123X to pinpoint the problem components for a faster diagnosis for your car instead of taking your car to the dealership, and will turn off the warning light for you after fixing the problem, make to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- [Multiple Display of Live Data + DTC Code Definition Explanation] Launch car tools shows real-time data of oil temp, pressure, transmission temp, engine speed, coolant temperature, you will know which car part is abnormal. Data can be shown in a single, multi- graph, and merge two graphs for analysis（merge 4 PIDs in one). It’s convenient for car owners to purchase auto parts and replace it by yourself, 🔥Code Search,DTC Library provide massive information.
- [Auto VIN Smart Diagnostic&Wide Range of Vehicle Supported] Launch scanner autovin technology allows you to get your VIN and vehicle info rapidly (vehicle make, model, and year info), no need to take time to find your VIN and input one by one (Some models need to type it in manually.)It has newest car software. This car code reader support vehicle like passenger car, SUVs, minivans, 12V light-duty trucks, etc. produced by Asian, European, American, Indian, and more brands between 1996 and 2023.
- 🔔【Oil/SAS/Throttle Reset】Significant benefits!! ☑️With the same cost, since October 2022, Add New 3 reset functions. Launch CRP123E code reader car diagnostic tool with reset including Oil /SAS/Throttle Reset to maintain your vehicle systems safely and efficiently. One-Click "Upgrade" operation to obtain 3 special reset functions.
- 🎉【2023 New Elite Version, Upgraded Of FOXWELL Car Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000/CRP123】 LAUNCH CRP123E obd2 scanner can check ABS/SRS/AT/ENG systems & 10 OBD2 modes, read and clear fault codes,💡Online Google Search, 4 IN 1 Graphing ，Stores and playbacks dynamic data stream, helps to quick analysis and diagnosis. what's more, you can generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution, save time and money.
- ☑️【ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission Diagnostic Tool +Battery Voltage Test& AUTOVIN】Wi-Fi one click update +Battery Voltage Test +Auto Vin+Record History; One-click wifi update and free for fixing more bugs; Realtime battery voltage graphing helps to Judge the state of the battery; Auto Vin, facilitate accurate diagnosis and provide useful information; Save the historical diagnosis report, replay the data flow, and provide you with useful parameters to prevent unnecessary repair
- 🔔【One to one Technical feedback and support】 Base on cloud server of launch，the “feedback function” can get the professional guidance of Launch Engineer.An excellent choice for family car owners. No extra paid updates, keep your diagnostic software updated and coverage increased, saving you even more money. 🎁Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner💡Fast 7.0 Android💡16GB Memory💡5" touch HD screen💡6100mAh Rechargeable Battery
- 🎁【5-Year Warranty &10 Language Free To Use】 Launch CRP123E scan tool supports 10 languages. Choose your native language without encountering any sort of language barrier--English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional Chinese. 🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎉【2023 Upgraded Ver. of AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel ML519, AL519, AL319, MS309. This AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS systems, and support 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function on Worldwide Vehicles to read, erase codes and turn off the MIL, ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and make your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🎉【Accurate ABS/ SRS Diagnostics Functions】The ABS/ SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the ABS/ SRS systems. It can read and clear DTCs, show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in the graph to locate fault causes, and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Please email 📩 immoautel @ outlook. com 📩 for help.
- 🎉【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, DTC Lookup, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present.
- 🎉【Live Data and Freeze Frame Data】With Live Data functions, Autel AL619 OBD2 diagnostic code reader allows you to view the live PID (Parameter Identification Data) of the vehicle's computer module(s) in text, graph to check the status of various sensors. And Freeze Frame Data enables you to view the vehicle's operating parameters at the moment a DTC is detected. These information will aid the technician by allowing the parameters to be duplicated for diagnostic and repair purposes.
- 🎉【DTC Lookup Feature】Besides showing you the code’s definition while you are reading the diagnostic trouble codes, AL619 features comparably user-friendly DTC Lookup Function which enables you to retrieve the definitions of any error codes from the large database of AL619, saving you from the hassle of wasting time searching definition of every code via Google.
- 🔔【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2023 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2023 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 🍎【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your lovely cars and pinpoint the problem for you, which saves time and money for you. It will t-urn off the warning light for you after you fix the problem, making you to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- 🥑【2 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 🍓【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your V-IN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your V-IN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 🥝【Solid protective case KO plastic carrying bag】+ 【Lifetime update】Almost all same price-level obd scanner diagnostic tool only offers plastic bag to hold on the scanner.However, NT604 Elite automotive scanner is equipped with solid protective case, preventing your obd2 scanner from damage. Then you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a solid toolbox.
- 🎁 Conact Seller to Get Free Gift 🎁 Same Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Fast Delivery by Amazon🎁 Lifetime Free Update🎁 5 YEARS Warranty.
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.
- [Full OBDII Functions Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Lifetime Free Update] Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem. Large size Color Screen; Print Function; Print the diagnose result easily; With user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK. Lifetime free update by windows.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- 【ABS & SRS Scan Tool 】 Help you diagnose issues with both anti-lock braking system (ABS) and internal airbag system (SRS); test their sensors, valves, or solenoids; and keep track of any threats in real time to prevent unexpected damage with these 2 essential safety systems, which a normal OBD2 scanner cannot do. Compatible with GM, Nissan, Fiat, Benz, Volvo, LandRover, BMW, USAFord.
- 【3 Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this diagnostic tool, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 Quickly tell you the exact cause behind the check engine warning light. This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a fully-featured obd2 code reader; can read/clear engine light codes, show live data, and do I/M readiness test ... to solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. Plus, it has the now-popular DTC lookup library to save searching repair materials online.
- 【User-Oriented 】 Physically, you will like the feel of this obd2 scanner with the black rubber grip thing all around the outside edge. Durable enough to stand the accidental drop. Thanks to its easily accessible menu, you can operate all functions in minutes, with the press of a few buttons. 3-color LEDs intuitively indicate if everything's good, there's a warning, or there's a serious issue. There’s even an LED integrated into the connector port so you can hook it up in darkness.
- 【Worry-Free Purchase 】 You can update this scan tool through an internet USB to have the latest software for its optimized performance, with no extra costs throughout all its using life. We offer you 1-year quality backup period with 30-day unconditional return & replacement policy. TOPDON offers reliable customer support on Facebook during weekdays. Search “TOPDON Official” on Facebook and contact us via message. Multilingual Menu: EN, FR, ES, DE, IT, RU, PT, and JP.
Last update on 2023-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.