June 27, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V458000
An exploding seat belt pretensioner can project metal fragments into the vehicle, strike vehicle occupants, and result in injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V458
Manufacturer Hyundai Motor America
Components SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected 72,470
Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2020-2022 Venue vehicles. In the event of a crash, the front driver-side and/or passenger-side seat belt pretensioners may explode upon deployment.
Dealers will secure the seat belt pretensioners with a cap, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed August 26, 2022. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai’s number for this recall is 231. This recall expands and replaces NHTSA recall number 21V-796 for Venue vehicles. Venue vehicles previously repaired under 21V-796 will need to have the new remedy completed.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
RECALL 231 ATTACHMENT A
CHRONOLOGY OF EVENTS LEADING UP TO DEFECT DECISION
❖September – October 2021
On September 15, 2021, NHTSA’s ODI informed HMA’s NASO of a crash incident involving a model year 2021 Hyundai Elantra vehicle where the driver-side seat belt pretensioner allegedly deployed abnormally causing metal fragments to enter the rear cabin and resulting in injury to an occupant’s leg. NHTSA was notified of the incident by a law firm representing the operator of the incident vehicle. The law firm also notified HMA’s external counsel on the same day, who then alerted HMA’s Legal department of the incident.
In subsequent discussions with the agency following the initial notice, ODI requested Hyundai’s assessment of the incident under cover of SGO 2015-01, a standing general order involving abnormal deployments of frontal airbag inflators manufactured by ARC. On September 22, 2021, in accordance with requirements set forth in SGO 2015-01, HMA submitted its first report notifying ODI of its receipt of the 2021 Elantra incident.
On September 30, 2021, NASO provided an update on its investigation of the 2021 Elantra incident.
NASO informed ODI of plans to inspect the incident vehicle on October 8, 2021. NASO also informed ODI that it would be targeting seat belt pretensioners produced in the same production lot as the incident pretensioner for further study into root cause and manufacturing/design defect identification.
On October 6, 2021, NASO convened its North American Safety Decision Authority (“NASDA”). Although the cause of the abnormal deployment is unknown, NASO decided to conduct a safety recall of vehicles equipped with pretensioners produced within the same production lot to conduct a detailed part return analysis.
Hyundai actively continued its investigation to determine if a specific root cause and defect trend exists. On December 3, 2021, HMC notified NASO of a second incident occurring on a 2020 model year Hyundai Accent vehicle in Puerto Rico. According to supplier information, the incident pretensioner was produced thirteen months prior to the suspect production lot initially identified in Recall 211. In accordance with requirements set forth in SGO 2015-01, HMA submitted a report notifying ODI of the new incident on December 10, 2021.
Based on this information, on December 10, 2021, NASO re-convened its NASDA and decided to expand Recall 211 to include 2020-2021 model year Hyundai Accent vehicles equipped with pretensioners from the earlier suspect production lot. Hyundai will continue to actively investigate this condition and conduct detailed part return analysis on both suspect production lots to determine if a specific root cause and defect trend exists.
On February 7, 2022, NHTSA’s ODI met with NASO to discuss tentative plans to require all manufacturers to submit new recall filings when expanding the vehicle scope of an existing recall that has been filed and posted to NHTSA’s recall website. ODI requested NASO to file a new recall for the 2020-2021 model year Hyundai Accent vehicles previously specified in Hyundai’s amendment of Recall 211 filed December 17, 2021. In an effort to enhance customer notifications and comply with ODI’s request, on February 8, 2022, NASO re-convened its NASDA and decided to conduct a new recall of 2020-2021 model year Hyundai Accent vehicles in the U.S. for the same defect specified in Recall 211.
On February 15, 2022, HMC notified NASO of a new incident involving a 2022 model year Hyundai Elantra vehicle in Singapore where the front left-side seat belt pretensioner deployed abnormally causing injuries to a rear passenger. The incident part was installed on the front left side of the vehicle as the subject vehicle is a right-hand drive vehicle. According to supplier information, the incident pretensioner production lot is different than the lots targeted in Recall 211 and 219. Additionally, the pretensioners from the subject production lot are equipped on the front right side of US specification left-hand-drive vehicles. Based on this information, and in continuation of Hyundai’s investigation into root cause, NASO re-convened its NASDA on February 24, 2022 and decided to conduct a recall of 2022 model year Elantra and 2022 model year Elantra HEV vehicles potentially equipped with pretensioners from the new suspect production lot.
❖March 2022 – May 2022
On March 25, 2022, NASO re-convened its NASDA to proactively increase the number of recovered pretensioners for analysis and identify the root cause. NASDA decided to conduct a new recall of Hyundai Accent and Elantra vehicles containing seat belt pretensioners from certain targeted pretensioner lots produced within approximately one (1) month before/after the identified suspect production lots associated with Recalls 211, 219, and 220, despite not receiving any new reports of occurrences in the U.S.
On March 28, 2022, investigative teams from NASO, HMC, and the supplier inspected the Puerto Rico incident Accent vehicle and found the crash pulse and duration data retrieved from the EDR compared similarly to the Singapore incident Elantra vehicle’s crash data. Based on this information, HMC determined that the pretensioners used in the subject Elantra and Accent vehicles could exhibit unique deployment characteristics when compared to other models using the same pretensioners. The differences are largely attributed to variation in the pretensioner’s load limiter specifications and vehicle-specific air bag control unit (“ACU”) logic, with crash severity/duration also being a contributing factor.
In April 2022, Hyundai retained Exponent, a third-party engineering firm, conduct metallurgical analyses on the connection between the micro gas generator and pretensioner used in the subject Elantra and Accent vehicles and identify potential areas of stress and fracture initiation sites during deployment. On April 20, 2022, NASO provided an update of Hyundai’s investigation to NHTSA’s ODI.
On April 25, 2022, HMC informed NASO of recent testing by design affiliates and the supplier that were successful in replicating the abnormal deployment condition in the subject Elantra and Accent vehicles. HMC also informed NASO of a potential remedy which would secure the micro gas generator connection with a cap and eliminate stress sites that could potentially increase the risk of an abnormal deployment. In subsequent testing, Exponent was able confirm the effectiveness of the cap in mitigating this risk. Exponent communicated the results to NASO on May 6, 2022.
On May 12, 2022, NASO met with NHTSA’s VRTC and Exponent to discuss the results of Exponent’s testing and analyses.
Based on the recent findings, NASO convened its NASDA on May 11, 2022, and decided to conduct a recall of all Elantra and Accent vehicles equipped with the subject pretensioner, including those already involved in Recalls 211, 219, 220, and 223, to receive the remedy cap, while continuing to actively investigate the remaining Hyundai Venue and Genesis GV70/GV80 vehicles involved in Recall 211/009G.
On June 14, 2022, HMC informed NASO of new testing results obtained through additional computer-aided engineering (“CAE”) simulation, bench testing, and sled testing. According to HMC, improper deployment caused by separation of the MGG was duplicated on a Venue sled test using crash parameters obtained from the “Singapore” Elantra incident. The sled test was equipped with a Venue production-level seat, seat belt and pretensioner parts, and an ACU set to deploy similar to the Singapore crash pulse. The over- pressurization of the pretensioner pipe leading to MGG separation is made possible by a combination of factors including occupant loading of the seat belt, vehicle-specific load limiter specifications, ACU logic, and vehicle crash severity/duration. HMC’s testing concluded that Hyundai Venue vehicles involved in certain collisions could perform similar to the Elantra and Accent vehicles involved in Recall 229 due to similarities in the aforementioned factors.
Based on the information obtained from HMC, NASO re-convened its NASDA on June 17, 2022 and decided to conduct a recall of affected Venue vehicles equipped with the subject pretensioner, including those already involved in Recall 211, to receive the remedy cap deployed in Recall 229.
Hyundai is not aware of any abnormal pretensioner deployment incidents, or related fatalities, injuries, crashes, or fires involving the subject Venue vehicles in the U.S. market.
3 Affected Products
3 Associated Documents
Attachment A ChronologyRMISC-22V458-7464
Defect Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- 🚩2022 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 🔔【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2022 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2022 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 🍎【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your lovely cars and pinpoint the problem for you, which saves time and money for you. It will turn off the warning light for you after you fix the problem, making you to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- 🥑【2 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual emission test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 🍓【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your VIN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your VIN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 🥝【Solid protective case KO plastic carrying bag】+ 【Lifetime update】Almost all same price-level obd scanner diagnostic tool only offers plastic bag to hold on the scanner.However, NT604 Elite automotive scanner is equipped with solid protective case, preventing your obd2 scanner from damage. Then you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a solid toolbox.
- 🥇【WORTH THE MONEY】Comprehensive ABS Airbag SRS Scanner: 1️⃣ABS Airbag Scan Tools: ABS Scanner Bleeder+ All-round diagnosis for ABS/SRS/Airbag; 2️⃣Sensor Reset Tool: Reset & Calibrate ABS VSA SRS Airbag SAS Sensors after maintenance; 3️⃣Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate and commend ABS/SRS/Airbag components. 4️⃣Powerful OBD2 Scanners: Diagnose all obd2 functions for 12v vehicles after 1996. 👉TIPS: The abs scanner can NOT clear airbag crash data or collision data. NOT support programming/coding.
- 🎃【ABS BLEED SCAN TOOL, SAVING THOUSANDS FROM DEALSHIPS】Own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed function is so valuable instead high cost from the dealships. 👉Note: Only works on the vehicles have auto abs bleeding. The air will get inside when replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, brake lines or hoses. This abs auto bleed scan tool will help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves to get a firm brake pedal and keep a safety driving on the road.
- 🚦【ALL FUNCTIONS FOR ABS VSA SRS AIRBAG】Do more for ABS VSA SRS Airbag system not just reading/clearing codes like other scan tools do. The abs scanner airbag code reader is born to solve issues when the warning light(MIL) was on. Diagnoses, pin-points the problem down and tells you which sensor was bad that caused the problem, no need to replace one by one. NT630 plus will reset/calibrate the new sensor after replacement. Finally turning off the warning lights and keeping all to running well.
- 👍【ABS SRS BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL, PAYS FOR ITSELF AFTER ONE USE】The abs code reader scan tool allows you to control the ABS/Airbag system and components to test which part was bad, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. To make sure the abs scanner tool will run more smoothly, please confirm if the NT630 plus will cover your vehicle before purchase via Amazon messages.
- ⛳【REFUSE ANNUAL INSPECTION FAILURE】This NT630 obd2 scanner diagnostic tool will scan all of your obd2 modules, show you the I/M readiness status before the annual inspection. Monitoring the engine’s health, locate bad sensors, which cylinder was misfire and more engine’s faults. Guide you to do the maintenance work to make it safety driving again or to replace a new car. Reducing the potential driving risk and keep a great status for a safety journey.
- 【Check Engine Light】The obd2 scanner 6100P shows fault codes with DTC Severity and quickly reveals the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings(MIL). One-press hot key to turn off check engine light after vehicle maintenance. Live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 【ABS & SRS & Transmission 】In addition to emission-related OBD II codes,The abs srs obd2 scanner works well on reading/erasing ABS & SRS and Transmission codes for popular US Car Makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Oil Light Reset+Oil Level/Oil Life】The Oil Reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures after an oil change for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. The free stepwise guide which 6100P scan tool provides as regards oil change reset and drive cycle procedures may be a major relieve for beginners. This abs code reader can also monitor your oil level and its service life.
- 【Battery Test & Alternator Test】The Innova code reader can be used to check the performance of the battery or alternator for your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues.
- 【Code Severity Levels】With Code Severity Levels function of This Innova Scan Tool, you can quickly identify if your vehicle needs an immediate fix or if it can wait until you get home to fix it yourself,You don't need to worry about the warning lights on again. And we are glad to tell that Innova 6100P has been selected to "Amazon's Highly recommended products" as "Highly rated OBDII Scanners" 🙂
- 【ABS & SRS Scan Tool 】 Help you diagnose issues with both anti-lock braking system (ABS) and internal airbag system (SRS); test their sensors, valves, or solenoids; and keep track of any threats in real time to prevent unexpected damage with these 2 essential safety systems, which a normal OBD2 scanner cannot do. Compatible with GM, Nissan, Fiat, Benz, Volvo, LandRover, BMW, USAFord.
- 【3 Reset Services 】Easy to set up 3 regular reset services for Oil Light, Battery Management System, and Steering Angle Position. With this diagnostic tool, you can reset the oil service light and reset pre-programmed mileage intervals for energy efficiency; adjust or reset the steering angle position to keep steering aligned; and clear the original low battery fault information. No need to leave home for shop-quality car maintenance.
- 【All OBD2 Test Modes 】 Quickly tell you the exact cause behind the check engine warning light. This ABS & SRS scan tool is also a fully-featured obd2 code reader; can read/clear engine light codes, show live data, and do I/M readiness test ... to solve emission issues, and help pass smog test for most post-1996 OBD2/CAN vehicles. Plus, it has the now-popular DTC lookup library to save searching repair materials online.
- 【User-Oriented 】 Physically, you will like the feel of this obd2 scanner with the black rubber grip thing all around the outside edge. Durable enough to stand the accidental drop. Thanks to its easily accessible menu, you can operate all functions in minutes, with the press of a few buttons. 3-color LEDs intuitively indicate if everything's good, there's a warning, or there's a serious issue. There’s even an LED integrated into the connector port so you can hook it up in darkness.
- 【Worry-Free Purchase 】 You can update this scan tool through an internet USB to have the latest software for its optimized performance, with no extra costs throughout all its using life. We offer you 1-year quality backup period with 30-day unconditional return & replacement policy. TOPDON offers reliable customer support on Facebook during weekdays. Search “TOPDON Official” on Facebook and contact us via message. Multilingual Menu: EN, FR, ES, DE, IT, RU, PT, and JP.
- [FOCUS ON BMW] - Creator has a variety of OBD2 code readers compatible for BMW/MINI, C501 is one of the most cost-effective scan tools for BMW/MINI vehicle owners. C501 Supports BMW/MINI between 1997 to 2020. 1997-2004 cars may need a 20-pin adaptor (not included).
- [FOR BMW/MINI] - Compatible with ECU systems including Drive, Chassis and Body all systems. Supported function including read and clear trouble codes, display live data stream, graph display, vehicle version information, clear adaptation, CBS reset, reset engine oil and battery registration, etc.
- [FULL SYSTEMS SCANNER] - Creator C501 is capable of reading and clearing trouble codes of all major systems, including engine, transmission, ABS, SRS, SAS, EPB, etc. Also supports body, chassis, powertrain and all control modules check. As a professional diagnostic tool for BMW/MINI full systems, C501 codes reader is also a universal OBD code reader for checking engine light, reading and erasing codes on all brands cars' OBD system.
- [EASY TO OPERATE] - Creator 501 uses 2.8" TFT 240K true color LCD display screen to indicate the test results , with the silicone keypad you can easily access to menu options. Rugged drop-proof case prevents falling. The menu layout on the screen is easy to understand and you can figure out how to do it easily.
- [VERY IMPORTANT] - The battery registration does not support BMW cars before 2004, and also does not support the E chassis (3'_E46, 5'_E39, 7'_E38, X3'_E83, X5'_E53, Z3'_E36, Z4'_E85/E86, MINI'_R50/R51, R52/R53). For above models, you just need to replace the battery directly, because these models do not require battery registration (at that time, there was no concept of battery registration).
- 🎉【2022 New Elite Version, Upgraded Of FOXWELL Car Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000/CRP123】 LAUNCH CRP123E obd2 scanner can check ABS/SRS/AT/ENG systems & 10 OBD2 modes, read and clear fault codes,💡Online Google Search, 4 IN 1 Graphing ，Stores and playbacks dynamic data stream, helps to quick analysis and diagnosis. what's more, you can generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution, save time and money.
- ☑️【ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission Diagnostic Tool +Battery Voltage Test& AUTOVIN】Wi-Fi one click update +Battery Voltage Test +Auto Vin+Record History; One-click wifi update and free for fixing more bugs; Realtime battery voltage graphing helps to Judge the state of the battery; Auto Vin, facilitate accurate diagnosis and provide useful information; Save the historical diagnosis report, replay the data flow, and provide you with useful parameters to prevent unnecessary repair
- 🔔【One to one Technical feedback and support】 Base on cloud server of launch，the “feedback function” can get the professional guidance of Launch Engineer.An excellent choice for family car owners. No extra paid updates, keep your diagnostic software updated and coverage increased, saving you even more money. 🎁Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner💡Fast 7.0 Android💡16GB Memory💡5" touch HD screen💡6100mAh Rechargeable Battery
- 🎁【5-Year Warranty &10 Language Free To Use】 Launch CRP123E scan tool supports 10 languages. Choose your native language without encountering any sort of language barrier--English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Italian, Traditional Chinese. 🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🚗【 Find Your Vehicles Here】 Includes 57 vehicle makers of the BMW, VW, Jeep, Ford, Volvo, Dodge, Skoda,Mazda, Nissan,Porsche,Subaru,Lexus,Toyota,Audi,Benz,Abarth, Acura, Alfa Romeo, BMW-Brilliance, Bugatti, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Dacia, Daewoo, Fiat, General Motors (GM), Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu ,SUZUKI,Jaguar,KIA, Lancia, Land Rover, Lincoln, Mini Cooper, Opel,Peugeot,MITSUBISHI,Vauxhall,SPRINTER,SMART,SEAT,SAMSUNG,SAAB,RENAULT,Nissangtr,ect.
- 🎁 Conact Seller to Get Free Gift 🎁 Same Function as LAUNCH CRP123E 🎁 Fast Delivery by Amazon🎁 Lifetime Free Update🎁 5 YEARS Warranty.
- [Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Tool]----The crp123 obd2 scanner is perfect balance of power and affordability, providing the ability to view preset, or user defined, live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS data, the ability to graph, record, replay and print data, read and resets codes for engine/abs/srs/transmission system.
- [Full OBDII Functions Code Reader]----LAUNCH CRP123 scan tool supports all 10 modes of OBDII standard to ensure complete, accurate, system diagnosis. Read and Clear DTCs, do smog tests , I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, Mode 06 EVAP system test, Mode 08 on-board test component test. And OBDII Code lookup tool and acronym database to assist and speed diagnosis and repair time.
- [Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Lifetime Free Update] Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem. Large size Color Screen; Print Function; Print the diagnose result easily; With user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK. Lifetime free update by windows.
- [Extensive Vehicle Coverage + 9 Languages]----The LAUNCH CRP123 reads data from ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, ABS and SRS systems from Asian, US and European manufacturers. Coverage includes Suzuki, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Infiniti, Lexus, Acura, Isuzu, Ford, GM, Chrysler, Benz, BMW, VW, Opel, Volvo, Fiat, Land Rover, Seat, Skoda, Audi, Porsche, Saab, Jaguar and many others. Support 9 different languages.
- ABS/SRS/Engine/Transmission System Scanner: Autel ML629 not only can figure out the emission-related engine problem, but also can get quick access to the Anti-Lock Braking System / Airbag System / Engine / Transmission systems and diagnose these 4 systems’ conditions. It reads codes, clear codes, and read live data to help you turn off the MIL, ABS & SRS warning lights.
- Complete OBD2 Functions: This OBD2/EOBD code reader is compatible with all OBD2-compliant vehicles with full OBD2 functions. It can pinpoint any emission problems of the car engine by the Full OBD2 functions. Read Codes, Erase Codes, I/M Readiness, Live Data, Freeze Frame, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Vehicle Information, and Component Test.
- DTC Lookup & Vehicle Information: Designed with a built-in DTC library, this OBD2 scanner provides you with the ability to look up the definition of diagnostic trouble codes. Up to 10000+ codes are available in this DTC electronic dictionary. No need to look up codes on the Internet. In addition, it can identify the car automatically and retrieve the car information (VIN, CIN, and CVN).
- Upgraded Version of ML619 / AL619: As the upgraded version of ML619/AL619, ML629 can read enhanced codes, graph data, and erase codes in Anti-Lock Braking System, Airbag System, Engine, and Transmission system. Being cost-effective with only a small extra budget, this code reader enjoys more benefits with a wider range of vehicle coverage. It supports internet updating via USB and data printing via PC.
- The Newest Version in 2020: As the newest version in 2020, this Autel OBD2 scanner supports most 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN) – domestic and import, including some latest models. Free update for lifetime via Mac/Win PC. With a 1-year warranty, 30-day free return & replacement service, and 24-hour customer service, this OBD2 scanner gives you excellent user experience.
- 👍【Accurate ABS/SRS Diagnostics Functions】Upgraded from Autel AL519/ML519, Autel AL619 code reader with ABS/SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the ABS/SRS systems. It also provides the definition of each code to help diagnose problem areas within the systems that may cause the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) to turn on. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major car models. To get real-time tech support, please email: ❤autelchoice @ outlook . com
- 👍【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present, DTC Lookup.
- 👍【Easy to Perform ABSSRS】Please follow these steps to finish ABS/SRS system diagnostic testing procedure: 1. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine. 2. Turn on the scan tool and wait for the Main Screen to appear. 3. Select AbsSrs icon in the Main Screen. 4. Select a specific vehicle manufacture’s regional coverage. From the vehicle make screen, select a specific vehicle manufacture and press OK button.
- 👍【Wide Vehicle Coverage】AL619 supports more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicles, including Acura, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, Bugatti, Chrysler, Ford, EU Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Maybach, Mazda, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Porsche, Saab, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volvo.
- 👍【Free Life-time Updates & Print Data】Get AL619, it will comes with Free lifetime software update online. You can download the newest software anytime. The Print Data function allows printing out diagnostic data recorded by the scan tool or customized test reports by connecting the scan tool to a PC or laptop with the USB cable supplied.
Last update on 2022-10-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.