September 4, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V543000
An engine compartment fire can increase the risk of injury or crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V543
Manufacturer Hyundai Motor America
Components SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Potential Number of Units Affected 180,000
Hyundai Motor America (Hyundai) is recalling certain 2019-2021 Tucson vehicles. The Anti-lock Brake Hydraulic Electronic Control Unit (HECU) could corrode internally and cause an electrical short, possibly resulting in an engine compartment fire.
Hyundai will notify owners, and dealers will replace the HECU fuse. For 2019-2021 model years, the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) software will also be updated. Recall repairs will be performed free of charge. Owners are advised to park outside and away from structures as a precaution until the recall repair is complete. The recall began November 2, 2020. Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at 1-855-371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 195.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Recall 195 Dealer Best Practice
Date: March 19, 2021
Attn: Dealer Principal/General Manager/Service Manager/Parts Manager
Subject: Recall 195: 2019-2021MY & 2016-2018MY Tucson Anti-lock Brake System – “ABS” Module v4 (TSB# 21-01-010H-1)
|Updates To This Document||Date|
***IMPORTANT Dealer Stock and Retail Vehicles***
As required by federal law, dealers must not deliver new vehicles for sale or for lease to customers until all open recalls have been performed. Dealers should also perform all open recalls on used vehicles, demo and rental vehicles prior to placing them into customer use and whenever an affected vehicle is in the shop for any maintenance or repair.
****A ‘stop sale’ has been initiated by Hyundai Motor America (“HMA”) for HMA Recall Campaign 195 for the affected vehicles listed below currently in Dealer’s stock inventory.****
Hyundai is conducting a safety recall in the United States to address a condition with the Anti-lock Brake System (“ABS”) modules in certain model year 2016-2021 Hyundai Tucson vehicles produced for sale in the U.S. market.
The affected vehicles include:
- 2016-2021MY Tucson (TL) vehicles
The subject vehicles may be equipped with Anti-lock Brake System (“ABS”) modules that could exhibit an electrical short over time. An electrical short in the ABS module could increase the risk of an engine compartment fire while parked or driving. This recall describes the procedure to install a fuse kit into the ABS module electrical circuit and if necessary, update the ABS/ESC software from the TSB.
Reservation – Always check the Vehicle Information Screen in WebDCS for open campaigns and recalls, and advise the customer on time requirements.
- Provide customer with transportation options such as an SRC, alternative vehicle, shuttle or rideshare.
- Important: Dealer will forfeit incentives if vehicles with an open recall are sold to customers. Please ensure all Dealer stock vehicles have had all recalls completed prior to sale to customer.
Readiness - Review this announcement and the accompanying FAQs with all Service and Parts staff including
Reservationist/BDC. Also, complete all applicable training, check your reservation capacity settings (you can set separate capacities for every recall/campaign), confirm email addresses for campaign appointments, and that you have all necessary tools, campaign parts and shop equipment as needed.
- Recommended Level of Technician Certification and/or Completed Coursework to perform TSB work:
- Expert Level
- Be prepared to put customers in an SRC or alternative transportation, if needed.
- REMINDER: Out of an abundance of caution, owners of these vehicles should park them outside until the recall repair is completed. If the ABS warning light is illuminated, the vehicle should not be driven and a local Hyundai dealer should be contacted. Customers should also disconnect the vehicle’s 12-volt battery and leave it disconnected while the vehicle is parked waiting for service. If needed, the customer will be provided a rental vehicle.
Reception – Always check the Vehicle Information Screen in WebDCS for open campaigns and recalls, and print a copy for technicians. Provide SRC or an alternative vehicle, as needed. If a customer has declined the campaign, note this on the repair order and request the customer’s signature next to the statement.
Repair – Always plug in the GDS before starting the repair. Make sure to complete an MPI on all vehicles and Quality Control your work.
- Please refer to TSB #21-01-010H-1 for complete repair procedures o Please note that there are two part kits (ABS Fuse Kit and Multi-Fuse Kit) that are now available to dealers. Select the appropriate option based on part used and perform the corresponding procedure.
- REMINDER Prior to Performing Service Procedures: If applicable, record the customer’s radio preset stations prior to performing the service procedures.
- PLEASE NOTE: If the “ABS”, “ESC” or “Brake” indicator lamps are illuminated, refer to the appropriate section of the repair manual prior to installing the ABS Fuse Kit or Multi-Fuse Kit
- HECU NOTE: The vehicle’s HECU Part number can be found on the label affixed to the HECU.
- For ABS Fuse Kit Service Procedure ONLY -When using the heat gun, use caution to avoid damaging the wiring. o ABS Software Update (if required, based on Hydraulic Unit Assembly (HECU) part number in the vehicle):
- The Service Procedure is performed using GDS-mobile. For update information and general precautions, please refer to TSB #15-GI-001.
- Manual mode should only be performed when the Auto update fails.
- If the auto update fails, turn the ignition OFF for 10 seconds, then back ON again to reset the control unit before performing the manual update.
- REMINDER Upon Completion of Service Procedures: After the software has updated, check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes in the ALL menus and erase any DTCs, and reprogram the customer’s radio preset stations.
Return – Review all completed campaigns/recalls and repairs to answer any customer questions. Also, schedule the customer’s next service.
Reconnect – Follow up for customer satisfaction.
Please review the Parts Information on the TSB and order the necessary ABS Fuse Kit or Multi Fuse Kit, depending on availability.
As part of the revised TSB, please note that the additional 2 op codes were added with the addition of an alternative service procedure with Multi Fuse kit part numbers. See highlighted section in yellow below referencing additional op codes.
This recall has been posted with NHTSA. NHTSA has been re-notified with the expansion to add 2016-2018MY vehicles and to update the production date range for 2020-2021MY vehicles. Owners were mailed notification letters in October 2020 for the initial launch of 195 and were mailed notification letters again in late February 2021.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this important matter and continued commitment to Hyundai customers.
Hyundai Motor America
Q1: What is the issue?
A1: The subject vehicles are equipped with Anti-Lock Brake System (“ABS”) modules that could malfunction internally and cause an electrical short over time, resulting in an engine compartment fire.
Although an exact root cause has not yet been determined, Hyundai believes the ABS module’s main controller board (PCB), under specific conditions including heat and humidity, could experience an electrical resistance short.
Q2: What are the affected vehicles?
A2: Certain Model Year 2016-2021 Hyundai Tucson vehicles not equipped with Smart Cruise Control (“SCC”) and produced from May 19, 2015 through November 16, 2020 by Hyundai Motor Company (“HMC”) in South Korea for sale in the U.S. market.
Approximately 471,678 model year 2016-2018 and model year 2020-2021 vehicles are being added to the 180,346 model year 2019-2021 vehicles involved in the original recall, bringing the total affected number of vehicles to 652,024*.
Q3: What is the safety concern?
A3: An electrical short in the ABS module could increase the risk of an engine compartment fire while parked or driving.
Q4: Have there been any accidents or injuries?
A4: To date in the U.S., Hyundai is aware of twelve (12) engine compartment fires related to this defect. Hyundai is aware of 9 fires in model year 2019 vehicles, 2 fires in 2020 model years and a single fire in a 2021 model. There are no related fires involving model year 2016-2018 vehicles in the U.S; however, ABS module fires have been confirmed in regional markets outside the U.S. for the affected 2016-2018 Tucson population.
Q5: What will be done during the recall service at the dealer?
A5: Customers can continue driving these vehicles; however Hyundai recommends parking these vehicles outside and away from structures until the recall remedy is completed. Hyundai plans to notify owners to bring their vehicles to the nearest Hyundai dealership for replacement of the ABS module fuse. For model year 2019-2021 affected vehicles, the Electronic Stability Control (“ESC”) software will require an update for use with the new fuse. The remedy procedure will be performed at no charge. Hyundai will provide reimbursement to owners for repairs according to the plan submitted to NHTSA on May 16, 2018.
Q6: When will owners be notified?
A6: Owners were mailed notification letters beginning in late February 2021.
Q7: Should customers park these vehicles outside until the recall repair is completed?
A7: Out of an abundance of caution, owners of these vehicles should park them outside until the recall repair is completed. If the ABS warning light is illuminated, the vehicle should not be driven and a local Hyundai dealer should be contacted. Customers should also disconnect the vehicle’s 12-volt battery and leave it disconnected while the vehicle is parked waiting for service. If needed, the customer will be provided a rental vehicle.
Q8: Why should customers park their vehicles outdoors?
A8: Customer safety is our top priority. After further review, it was determined that out of an abundance of caution customers should park the vehicles outside until the recall is completed.
|Key Contact Information|
|Dealer Support||Contact Information||Description|
|Parts ordering hotline|
|Techline||1‐800‐325‐6604||Vehicle Technical Support for Hyundai Dealer Technicians|
|Warranty HELPREP Line||1‐877‐446‐2922||Warranty Claim questions for Hyundai Dealers|
|Warranty Prior Approval (PA) Center||[email protected]||Warranty Prior Approval (PA) Center for Hyundai Dealers|
|Xtime Technical Support||[email protected]|
|Assistance with Car Care Scheduling:|
|AutoLoop Technical Support||[email protected]|
|Assistance with Car Care Scheduling:|
|CDK Technical Support||https://serviceconnect.support.cdk.com/||Assistance with Car Care Scheduling:|
|Customer Support||Contact Information||Description|
|Hyundai Customer Care Center (Recall / Campaign Questions)||1‐855‐671‐3059||Customer questions or concerns related to recall or service campaigns|
|Hyundai Recall / Campaign Website||www.hyundaiusa.com/recall||Updated information related to the specific recall or service campaign|
|Hyundai Customer Care Center (General Questions)||1‐800‐633‐5151||Customers general questions, non‐campaign related|
|Hyundai Roadside Assistance||1-800-243-7766||Hyundai Roadside Assistance|
|Key Reference Information|
|Campaign Central||Consolidated repository of recall and service campaign dealer best practices. Located on the service tab homepage in www.HyundaiDealer.com|
|Car Care Scheduling (Xtime) - Tutorials||www.HyundaiDealer.com > Service > Dealer Resources > Documents Library > Car Care Scheduling|
|Car Care Scheduling (Xtime) - Recall Appointment Notification||1. Log into Xtime|
2. Under the menu at the top left, select ‘CONFIGURE’
3. Under the dealership tab, click “EMAIL COMMUNICATION”
4. Slide the toggle to “ADVANCED”
5. Populate as many e-mails as desired in the “PARTS DESK EMAIL FIELD”
|Parts – Campaign Parts Management (CPM)|
|As applicable; www.HyundaiDealer.com > Parts > Documents Library > Campaign Parts Management|
|Service Rental Car (SRC) Program||SRC Documentation: www.HyundaiDealer.com > Service tab > Documents Library > Service Rental Car|
TSD: www.HyundaiDealer.com > Service tab > SRC Fleet Mgmt Software
|Technical Service Bulletin (TSB)||www.HyundaiDealer.com > Service tab > Hyundai Tech Info|
|Uncompleted Campaign VIN Listing||A listing of vehicles is located on WEBDCS> SERVICE tab> select UNCOMPLETED CAMPAIGN VIN LISTING|
– Dealer Stock (New, SRC, CPO, etc.) and Retailed.
|Recall Campaign Website||www.hyundaiusa.com/recall|
|Updates To This Document||Date|
|Technical Service Bulletin||GROUP|
|MODEL(S) Tucson (TL)|
2016-2021MY TUCSON (TL) ABS FUSE KIT INSTALLATION AND SOFTWARE UPDATE (RECALL CAMPAIGN 195)
This TSB supersedes TSB# 20-01-040H, expanding model year applicability and adding procedures / parts information for 2016-2018MY vehicles.
*** Dealer Stock and Retail Vehicles ***
Dealers must perform this Recall Campaign on all affected vehicles prior to customer retail delivery and whenever an affected vehicle is in the shop for any maintenance or repair.
When a vehicle arrives at the service department, access Hyundai Motor America’s “Warranty Vehicle Information Screen (VIS)” via WEBDCS to identify open Campaigns.
Description: Certain 2016-2021MY Tucson (TL) vehicles may be equipped with Anti-lock Brake System (“ABS”) modules that over time could exhibit an electrical short. An electrical short in the ABS module could increase the risk of an engine compartment fire. This bulletin describes the procedure to install a fuse kit into the ABS module electrical circuit and if necessary, update the ABS/ESC software.
Applicable Vehicles: Certain 2016-2021MY Tucson (TL) vehicles.
|PART NAME||FIGURE/PART NUMBER||QTY.|
|Fuse Repair Kit||(1) U-Type Crimp Connector|
(2) Heat Shrink Tubing
(3) Micro Fuses
(4) Cable Ties
(6) Red Lead Wire
(7) White Lead Wire
(Contains 25A Micro Fuses)
|For use with HECU P/Ns|
58920-D3530 and 58920-D3550
(Contains 30A Micro Fuses)
|For use with HECU P/N|
|Note: The HECU part number can be found on the label affixed to the HECU.|
|MODEL||OP. CODE||OPERATION||OP. TIME||CAUSAL PART NO.||NATURE CODE||CAUSE CODE|
|01D072R0||HECU FUSE WIRING REWORK (58920-D3550, 58920-D3100)||0.6||91KIT-|
|01D072R1||HECU FUSE WIRING REWORK AND ESC UPDATE (58920-D3530)||0.8|
NOTE 1: Submit Claim on Campaign Claim Entry Screen
NOTE 2: If a part is found in need of replacement while performing Recall 195 and the affected part is still under warranty, submit a separate claim using the same Repair Order. If the affected part is out of warranty, submit a Prior Approval Request for goodwill consideration prior to performing the work.
ABS/ESC software update only applies to vehicles equipped with hydraulic unit assembly (HECU) part number 58920-D3530.
ABS Fuse Kit Service Procedure:
If the “ABS”, “ESC” or “Brake” indicator lamps are illuminated, refer to the appropriate section of the repair manual prior to installing the ABS Fuse Kit.
2. Remove the air intake duct clips (A) and remove air intake duct (B).
Battery Negative (-) Terminal Tightening Torque:
3.9 ~ 5.9 Nm (0.4 ~ 0.6 kgf.m, 2.9 ~ 4.3 lb-ft)
Battery Positive (+) Terminal Tightening Torque:
7.8 ~ 9.8 Nm (0.8 ~ 1.0 kgf.m, 5.8 ~ 7.2 lb-ft)
Battery Mounting Bolt Tightening Torque:
8.8 ~ 13.7 Nm (0.9 ~ 1.4 kgf.m, 6.5 ~ 10.1 lb-ft)
4. Loosen the air duct clamp (F), remove the air cleaner mounting bolt (G) and remove the air cleaner body.
Air Duct Clamp Tightening Torque:
2.9 ~ 4.9 N.m (0.3 ~ 0.5 kgf.m, 2.2 ~ 3.6 lb-ft)
Air Cleaner Bolt Tightening Torque:
7.8 ~ 9.8 N.m (0.8 ~ 1.0 kgf.m, 5.8 ~ 7.2 lb-ft)
If equipped with halogen headlamps, proceed to Step 6.
5. If equipped with LED headlamps, disconnect the headlamp connector (H) and disconnect the wire harness clip (I).
6. Disconnect the wire harness clip (J) from the ECM bracket and remove the three mounting fasteners (K).
ECM Fastener Tightening Torque:
9.8 ~ 11.8 N.m (1.0 ~ 1.2 kgf.m, 7.2 ~ 8.7 lb-ft)
7. Remove the junction box upper cover. Remove the junction box mounting nut and bolt (L).
Junction Box Nut Tightening Torque: 4.9 ~ 7.8 N.m (0.5 ~ 0.8 kgf.m, 3.6 ~ 5.8 lb-ft)
Junction Box Bolt Tightening Torque:
6.9 ~ 9.8 N.m (0.7 ~ 1.0 kgf.m, 5.0 ~ 7.2 lb-ft
8. Cut and remove the cable tie at the base of the lower junction box cover (M).
9. Gently pry the junction box body away from the vehicle body to release the junction box locating pin (N).
Release the six locking tabs around the outside of the junction box and separate the lower junction box cover (O) from the junction box.
10. Locate the 40A ABS1 and 40A ABS2 portion of the multifuse in the junction box (P).
11. Locate the red wire and white wire (Q) exiting the 40A ABS1 and 40A ABS2 multifuse on the underside of the junction box.
12. Cut the ABS1 and ABS2 fuse wires (red wire and white wire) approximately 50mm (~2”) from the underside of the junction box (R).
13. Wrap the ends of the white wire and red wire attached to the multifuse with black electrical tape (S).
14. Connect the supplied lead wires (T) to the un-capped ends of the red wire and white wire using the supplied u-type crimp connectors and heat shrink tubing.
Slide the heat shrink tubing over the wire prior to crimping the lead wire.
15. Heat the heat shrink tubing (U) using a heat gun.
Use caution when using the heat gun to avoid damaging the wiring.
16. Insert the red lead wire into the open space of the empty fuse holder (V) and the white lead wire into the adjacent open space (W).
Insert the lead wires with the terminal crimp facing upward (X). Be sure to insert until a click is heard and the terminals are secure.
17. Install the supplied micro fuses in the new fuse locations (Y).
HECU part number 58920-D3530 requires 25A micro fuses
HECU part number 58920-D3550 requires 25A micro fuses
HECU part number 58920-D3100 requires 30A micro fuses
18. Reattach the lower junction box cover to the junction box. Install the supplied cable tie in the same position as the cable tie that was previously removed (Z).
19. Attach the labels (AA) to the inside of the junction box upper cover and install the junction box cover.
20. Reassemble the vehicle in the reverse order of component removal.
21. Confirm the hydraulic unit assembly part number (BB).
If the Part Number is 58920-D3550 or 58920-D3100, software update is not required. Start the engine. Confirm the “ABS”, “ESC” and “Brake” indicator lamps are not illuminated, clear any incidental DTCs and reprogram the customer’s radio preset stations.
If the Part Number is 58920-D3530, proceed to the ABS/ESC software update procedure below.
ABS/ESC Software Update Procedure
This Service Procedure is performed using GDS-mobile. For update information and general precautions, please refer to TSB #15-GI-001.
Manual mode should only be performed when the Auto update fails.
|628*||TL- ESC CONTROL LOGIC IMPROVEMENT|
* Use the latest event that appears in the ABS/ESC Auto Mode event list for the particular vehicle.
ROM ID Information Table:
|MODEL||ESC P/N||ROM ID|
|Tucson (TL)||58900-D3530||TL ESC 1.00 1.02 Y06GAF1E11-2-8730||TL ESC 1.00 1.04|
|TL ESC 1.00 1.03 Y06GAF1F11-2-9520||TL ESC 1.00 1.04|
|TL ESC 1.00 1.03|
|TL ESC 1.00 1.04|
|TL ESC 1.00 1.04 Y16GAH1D11-2-9217||TL ESC 1.00 1.05 Y16GAI1D11-2-A923|
Manual Mode Password Information Table:
|TL ESC 58900-D3530/630||3530|
|TL ESC 58900-D7530/630||7530|
|TL ESC 58900-D7560/660||7560|
1. Select ECU Upgrade.
2. Select ABS/ESC as the system to update.
5. After the software has updated, check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes in the ALL menus and erase any DTCs. Reprogram the customer’s radio preset stations.
NHTSA Recall Number: 20V-543
Hyundai Recall Number: 195
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
This is an important Safety Recall.
- Please contact your nearest Hyundai dealer to schedule the repair as soon as possible.
- This repair will be performed at NO CHARGE to you.
- To locate your nearest Hyundai dealer and schedule your appointment please visit:
This notice applies to your Hyundai, VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Dear <FirstName LastName,>
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. Hyundai has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in your vehicle, with the VIN shown above. Hyundai is conducting a safety recall in the United States to address a condition with the Anti-lock Brake System (“ABS”) modules in certain model year 2016-2021 Hyundai Tucson vehicles produced by Hyundai Motor Company (“HMC”) in South Korea for sale in the U.S. market.
What is the problem?
The subject vehicles are equipped with Anti-lock Brake System (“ABS”) modules that could corrode internally and cause an electrical short over time. An electrical short in the ABS module could increase the risk of an engine compartment fire.
What will Hyundai do?
Your Hyundai dealer will install a fuse kit into the ABS module electrical circuit and update the ABS software. This procedure will be performed at NO CHARGE to you.
What should you do?
Please contact your nearest Hyundai dealer to schedule the recall repair as soon as possible.
Owners should park their vehicles outside until the recall repair is completed. If the Malfunction Indicator Light is illuminated in your vehicle, you should seek service at your Hyundai dealer as soon as possible. The actual time required to perform the repair will take less than one hour, however your vehicle may be needed longer. Therefore, we recommend scheduling a service appointment to minimize inconvenience.
If you have other questions
If you require further assistance, you may contact the Hyundai Customer Care Center at 1-855-371-9460. If you believe that the dealer or
Hyundai has failed or is unable to remedy the defect within a reasonable time, you may submit a complaint to the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue S.E., Washington, D.C. 20590, or call the toll free Vehicle Safety Hot Line at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY: 1-800-424-9153), or go to https://www.safercar.gov.
Thank you for your attention to this important safety matter. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Hyundai Motor America
If you are a vehicle lessor, Federal law requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
If you paid for repairs related to this recall prior to receiving this notification letter, you may submit your reimbursement request electronically or obtain additional information at: www.HyundaiUSA.com/Campaign195 or 1-855-371-9460.
No longer own this vehicle?
Changes to your name, address, or if you no longer own this vehicle — Update your information online at: https://owners.hyundaiusa.com/content/myhyundai/us/en/contact-us/update-vehicle-ownership.html
You can easily connect to this web page by using your cell phone to point your camera (or QR code reader app) at the code below. Then select the link which will be displayed on your phone.
Importante Retiro del Mercado por Motivos de Seguridad — Si tiene preguntas llama 800-633-5151 y oprima “8”
RECALL 195 ATTACHMENT A (AMENDED)
CHRONOLOGY OF EVENTS LEADING UP TO DEFECT DECISION
- July 2019
HMA received a report involving a 2019 Hyundai Tucson that allegedly caught fire while driving. The customer alleged a technician believed that the fire may have come from the ABS module. Hyundai was able to inspect the vehicle and recover the ABS module for further investigation by HMC and the supplier. Initial feedback from HMC and the supplier indicated the root cause could not be determined and it was possible that the fire was started by another source within the engine compartment. HMA initiated active monitoring of incoming claims on 2019-2021 Hyundai Tucson vehicles and 100% incident part recovery.
- July 2019 – December 2019
HMA continued active monitoring of new incidents and recovery of all incident parts for analysis. During this time, four (4) incident parts were collected and sent to HMC. HMC and Mando inspected all incident parts received but an approximate failure mechanism or root cause could not be determined.
- January 2020 – July 2020
HMA enlisted a third-party test laboratory to assist with analysis and testing of incident parts for the purposes of identifying an ABS module failure mechanism and relative root cause. During this time, nine (9) incident ABS modules were sent to the laboratory. Through disassembly and examination of internal components, the test laboratory observed evidence of an electrical resistance short caused by corrosion on the ABS module ECU’s printed circuit board (“PCB”). Spectrum analysis of the corrosion residue revealed traces of copper, silicon, and tin elements. The test laboratory deduced that the residue could have been created by a corrosive reaction between byproducts of the reflow solder, containing tin, and various copper and silicon-based elements on the PCB, resulting in an electrical short. Further replication testing confirmed propagation of an electrical fire caused by this short.
- May 2020 – August 2020
From May through August the test laboratory reviewed its findings with HMA’s NASO. Based on the information received, HMA’s NASO convened its North American Safety Decision Authority on August 28, 2020 and decided to conduct a safety recall of certain affected model year 2019-2021 vehicles in the U.S. market.
- September 2020 – November 2020
Hyundai continued its investigation into potential root causes by analyzing warranty part returns. Although unsuccessful in determining an exact root cause, HMC concluded that the risk of an electrical short resulting in a fire could be mitigated by limiting the operating current in the ABS module through a lower amperage fuse. Based on this information, Hyundai implemented a production running change in November 2020 to replace the current-limiting 40 amp fuse in the affected ABS modules with a 25-amp version.
- December 2020
Hyundai also continued to monitor incoming warranty claims during this time. No new incidents were reported in the U.S.; however, HMC was able to confirm claims received for Tucson vehicles not included in the involved production range of Recall 195 in foreign markets outside of the U.S. After confirming that these vehicles used the same ABS module as the recalled population, HMC shared the results of their investigation with HMA NASO.
Based on the information received, HMA’s NASO convened its North American Safety Decision Authority on December 22, 2020 and decided to expand Recall 195 to include all vehicles using the recalled ABS module equipped with a 40 amp fuse.
To date, Hyundai is aware of twelve (12) engine compartment fires related to this defect in the U.S. Hyundai is aware of 9 fires in model year 2019 vehicles, 2 fires in 2020 model years and a single fire in a 2021 model. There are no related fires involving model year 2016-2018 vehicles in the U.S; however, ABS module fires have been confirmed in regional markets outside the U.S. for the affected 2016-2018 Tucson population.
3 Affected Products
14 Associated Documents
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-20V543-0565
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-20V543-2480
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-20V543-5288
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Chronology - AmendedRMISC-20V543-4082
Recall 573 Report - Amendment 2
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-4RCLQRT-20V543-9051
Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1RCLRPT-20V543-8816
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-20V543-3344
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2021-1
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2021-2RCLQRT-20V543-5214
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - 2019-2021MY & 2016-2018MY Tucson Anti-lock Brake System – “ABS” Module v4RCMN-20V543-9976
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
1 Associated Investigation
Non-crash Vehicle Fires
NHTSA ID: PE19003
Dated opened: March 29, 2019
In a letter dated Jun 11, 2018, the Center for Auto Safety (CAS) petitioned the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to initiate a safety defect investigation into non-collision related fires on model year (MY) 2011-2014 Kia Optima and Sorento, and Hyundai Sonata and Santa Fe vehicles. In a letter dated July 24, 2018, CAS requested that MY 2010-2015 Kia Soul vehicles be added to the petition. CAS stated that there is a higher number of complaints to NHTSA regarding non-crash fires on these vehicles compared to other similar vehicles. The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) had already opened a Recall Query (RQ17-004) on all Hyundai vehicles equipped with Theta II engines for engine failures that may cause stalling and fires. The query covers most of the petition subject Sonata and Santa Fe vehicles.
On August 21, 2018, ODI opened a Defect Petition (DP18-003) to evaluate whether to grant or deny the CAS petition. ODI sent an Information Request letter to Hyundai (September 2018) requesting information on all engine and non-engine related fires in the petition Hyundai vehicles. ODI performed extensive analysis on the information obtained from Hyundai. During the DP18-003 analysis, Hyundai initiated three additional safety recalls related to engine compartment fires on certain petitioned and non-petitioned vehicles, (nearly 240,000 total vehicles: Recalls 18V-934, 19V-063, and 19V-204). In addition to engine compartment fires, ODI has received allegations of vehicle fires affecting other components, including taillight housings, taillight wire harnesses, and/or light bulbs. Based on ODI's review of the applicable materials, including responses to Information Requests sent to multiple manufacturers, Vehicle Owner Questionnaires (VOQ), and Early Warning Data, NHTSA has decided to grant the petition.
The petition is hereby granted. A Preliminary Evaluation has been opened to assess the scope, frequency, and potential safety-related consequences of alleged defects relating to non-collision vehicle fires in the 2011-2014 Sonata and 2011-2014 Santa Fe. While prior recalls of vehicles covered by this PE have primarily related to engine fires, NHTSA's Preliminary Evaluation is not limited to engine components and may cover additional vehicle systems or components as well.
Attached is a list of the reference numbers for the 160 VOQs cited above.
- 🚩2021 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 📀【ABS&SAS&SRS SCANNER】FOXWELL NT630 Plus ABS Scan Tool & Air bag scanner does not only provides the accurate and professional diagnosis of ABS/SRS/SAS faults, but also removes air from the internal brake fluid chambers after servicing the brakes. 👉TIPS: This abs brake scan tool can not remove airbag crash data or collision data.
- 📀【ABS BLEEDING SCAN TOOL】Anytime the brake system is opened to replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, or brake lines or hoses, the air gets inside. The air has to be removed by bleeding the brakes if you want a firm brake pedal. This abs auto bleed scanner will help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves during the bleeding process.
- 📀【ACTIVE TEST】The scan tool abs temporarily allow you to activate or control the ABS/Airbag system and component, including switches, sensors, relays& actuators. It saves your time and labor costs.
- 📀【PERFECT COMPATIBILITY】The airbag light reset diagnostic scanner for automobiles is compatible with almost all OBDII cars, SUVs,minivans, light-duty trucks sold worldwide,Which makes it suitable for both mechanics and DIYers. ABS and SRS Coverage for 60+ Vehicle Makes. SAS calibration is on 30+ selected make.
- 📀【LIFETIME FREE UPDATE + FREE HANDHELD CASE】The update tool FoxAssist allows you to update& uninstall software, save & print data, gaining more available vehicle models and language on the original basis free lifetime. And there is technical assistance for timely and effectively solving the quality problem within 24 Hours. This abs bleed scan tool is packaged with handheld tool case, easy-taking and give all-round protection.
- 👍【ABS/SRS DIAGNOSIS】Autel AutoLink AL619 car diagnostic tool can read/erase ABS/SRS fault codes on sedans and light trucks, and show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in graph to locate fault causes and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. NOTE: ABS SRS Scan does NOT work on vehicles after 2015, and functions are not universal. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility.
- 👍【ALL 10 MODES OF OBD2 TESTS & MORE】The AL619 OBD2 scanner can access Powertrain Control Module and perform ALL 10 modes of OBD2 tests on vehicles to check emission related conditions, including: Read & Clear Codes, View Freeze Frame data, I/M Readiness Status(Smog Check), live PID data stream of multiple sensors in graph, O2 Sensor Tests, On-Board Monitor Tests, Components Tests, Module Present, Retrieve Vehicle Information(VIN, CIN and CVN) and DTC Lookup.
- 👍【GENERIC, MANUFACTURER SPECIFIC & PENDING CODES】 Autel AutoLink AL619 car diagnostic code reader retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes and pending codes. For manufacturer specific or enhanced codes, you need to select a vehicle make on an additional screen to look for DTC definitions.
- 👍【UNMATCHED VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY】 AL619 car diagnostic scanner supports all OBD2 protocols: KWP2000, ISO2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN and is compatible with all OBD2/CAN compliant vehicles(sedans, SUVs and light trucks) post 1996 in US, post 2000 for EU-based and Asian cars. NOTE: ABS SRS(Airbag) diagnostics is NOT universally compatible to all vehicles. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility.
- 👍【RISK-FREE PURCHASE AND HASSLE FREE SERVICES】 The AL619 auto diagnostic scanner comes with lifetime FREE software updates. Autel Autolink AL619 car scan tool is backed by 30 Days REPLACEMENT or FULL REFUND, 12 Months free from defects after-sales services. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact us directly via 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘.
- 👍【2021 New Elite Version Launch crp129E: 4 system diagnostics & 5 reset functions & 10 obdii modes + Health Report Generation】Launch crp129e scan tool reset ENG/SAS/ABS/AT systems,5 most used special reset capabilities (Steering Angle Calibration (SAS), Electronic Parking Brake (EPB), Oil Lamp Reset,TPMS, Throttle Position Reset). you can also generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution.
- 💯【4 systems diagnostic +live data +data record and playback】4 in1 graphing parameter for 4 main systems. ➤ Auto-VIN for quick and accurate identification.➤Graphing Live data and the instantaneous voltage across the battery terminals. ➤Auto record diagnostic data, recorded data can be played back in text format and graph format. ➤Diagnostic Record in 4 ways:1)Graph2)Combine3)Value4)Frame Playback➤Print diagnostic report which can read hidden problem make early warning.
- 🆚【Upgraded version of CRP123(E)】Launch crp129e ➤1)5 inch bigger touch screen 2) 6100mAh faster charge battery 3) One-Click WIFI Update allow you use the newest software all time free 4) Graphing the instantaneous voltage across the battery terminals. 5) Print diagnostic report which can read hidden problem make early warning. 6) Google search DTC definition online. 7) AutoVIN scan. 8) one to one diagnostic feedback from Launch Tech.9) Share & Print healthy report.
- 👍👍👍👍👍【Lifetime free update + online tech support】One-click WiFi free updates on internet for lifetime ➤ 5 years warranty for quality issue for Launch crp129e from Launch Tech.➤ Lifetime help online with multilingual support: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, etc.,Lifetime help online and 5 years warranty,60 days no reason return and replacement. Ask Q&A on this page or email seller, you will get help within 12 hours.
- 🚗【Expand Vehicle Coverage:Up to 2019/2020/2021】 Cover OBD1/OBD2/EOBD/JOBD:Abbas, Acura, Alfa Romeo, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, BMW-Brilliance, Bugatti, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Dacia, Daewoo, Dodge, Fiat, Fiat, Ford, Faking, General Motors (GM), Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Isuzu Thailand, Jaguar, Jeep, KIA, Lancia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Maybach, Mazda, Mini Cooper, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault more....
- 【2021 New Elite LAUNCH CRP129X】LAUNCH obd2 scanner CRP129X is the upgrade version of launch crp129 crp123x /vii+. ➤5 more practical reset functions (Oil/EPB/SAS/TPMS Reset Throttle Matching) than LAUNCH CRP123X. ➤Most used 4 system diagnoses (ABS/SRS/ENGINE/AT). ➤Equipped with higher hardware: large 5" touch HD screen, One-Click WIFI Update, Fast 7.0 Android, 16G RAM, 6100mah BAT, to give you better user experience. ➤Lifetime free update & 5 Years warranty. ➤Fast delivery by amazon.
- 【5 Service Functions】+【Auto VIN Scan】+【Diagnostic Report】 LAUNCH CRP129X scan tool auto scanner for car features 5 reset services: Oil Reset, Steering Angle Calibration, Electronic Parking Brake, TPMS Reset, Throttle Adaptation, give you many choices. The Auto VIN scan can identify car make, model, and year info to shorten the navigation process. You can generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which helps avoid blind maintenance, save time and money.
- 【OBD2 Scanner ABS/SRS/ENGINE/TRANSMISSION Diagnoses】+【Live Data Stream In Graphic】+【Data Record & Playback】LAUNCH CRP129X scan tool reads graphic data streams for ABS/SRS/Eng/AT systems, and turn off the warning light. Auto record diagnostic data, recorded data can be played back in text & graph format, helps to quick analysis and diagnosis. Playback supports 2 graphs or 4 PID's graphed. 9 Languages Support: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean.
- 【Work out of Box】+【Wide Vehicle Coverage】 LAUNCH CRP129X car scanner diagnostic for all cars comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first. One-click free update via Wi-Fi, fixed bugs, and Upgrade new make up to 2020 models. The LAUNCH CRP129X auto scanner for car works on 57 vehicle brands, Cover OBD2/EOBD/JOBD vehicle, mostly manufactured after 1996. Realtime battery voltage graphing helps to Judge the state of the battery.
- 【Lifetime Free Update + 5 Years Warranty + Works for You!】LaunchDirect & Launch provide 5 YRS Warranty and 60 days unconditional return! ➤Any problem, you can freely contact us via our Customer service email or Amazon message. This car computer code reader fits for Technician, advance DIY, garage, car dealer, auto repair shop, automotive engineer, diagnostic tech, automobile tech, home mechanic, DIY beginner, automotive student, backyard mechanic, retired mechanic, weekend DIY, individual.
- 2021 New Elite Version Launch crp129e is upgrade version of launch crp123/launch crp123e/launch viii, One-Click update , 5 Years warranty, Fast delivery by amazon. ( ps .Contact seller “kingbolen” to get free Gift) Choose launch crp129e, more great functions waiting for you.
- 【Compared with launch VIII, What does launch crp129e upgrade】the launch crp129e obd2 scanner add two more reset service TPMS & Throttle Body Reset. crp129e code reader built with large 5" touch HD screen, One-Click WIFI Update, make you can use the newest software all time free, battery voltage test, 6100mAh rechargeable battery, AutoVIN scan, automatic generate vehicle health report diagnostic report, data print via email share, google search DTC online.
- 【FOUR SYSTEMS DIAGNOSTIC + LIVE DATA IN GRAPHING + DATA RECORD AND PLAYBACK】: Launch crp129e diagnostic tool read and reset Engine, Transmission, ABS and SRS system, turn off the warning light related. Live data in graphing, record the live data stream for up to 10, simultaneous, PID's. Auto record diagnostic data, recorded data can be played back in text format and graph format. Playback supports two graphs (independent) or 4 PID's graphed.
- 【5 RESET SERVICE + BATTERY VOLTAGE TEST + FULL OBD2 MODES TEST +HEALTH REPORT PRINT】: This scan tool can do Oil Reset, Steering Angle Calibration, Electronic Parking Brake,TPMS Reset, Throttle Position Reset, performs real-time battery monitoring/graphing . Reset DTC, I/M Readiness Status,O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test etc. ALL diagnostic data can be record and generate to diagnostic report which can be shared to email then print on computer.
- 【LIFETIME FREE UPDATE ONLINE + WORK ON 57 VEHICLE BRANDS + 9 LANGUAGES SUPPORTED】: Launch crp129e diagnostic scan tool works on most vehicles after 1996 compliant with OBD2 protocols , more than 57 brands and over 10000+ cars, muti languages support English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean. Launch crp129e code reader support lifetime free update online by connecting wifi, it keep you can use the newest software all the time.
- 🎁【GET YOUR FREE GIFT】As 2021 new release of FOXWELL, we offer a FREE OBDII scanner extention cable or a protective case to encourage everyone to try this brand new code reader scan tool FOXWELL NT716. Just click "Extra Saving" under price and add both to your cart. First Come, First Served.
- 🥇【Pro Grade Automotive Scanner-Works for Your Needs】To ensure traffic safety, you need to know the condition of the car. One NT716 auto scanner is enough for most car diagnosis. ▶Read, clear codes of ABS SRS Engine Transmission systems to point out the existing or potential car issues. ▶6 Lifetime Free Reset Functions- Oil /EPB/TPS/SAS/TPMS Reset/ABS Bleeding. ▶Full OBDII diagnostics available for all vehicles.
- 🚗【FOXWELL OBD2 Scanner-Bang Up to Date】NT716 auto ABS code reader is an upgraded version based on the Foxwell NT604/NT614 elite. ✔Faster responsive Android 9.0 OS-no stuck in a 30s load time. ✔Bigger LCD Touchscreen-more robust quick user interface, no clumsy press button. ✔One-click WIFI Update & Lifetime Free software. ✔More car brands are covered: from 60+ to 108+ car brands and support 2020/2021 newest models.
- 🏆【Foxwell NT716-Sleek & Fantastic Design】▶AUTOVIN: Plug and play, automatic access to car information in seconds. ▶4-in-1 Live Data: 3 Display modes are supported in value, graph & merge. ▶DTC Library: Professional & comprehensive library of automotive error codes. ▶Additional Features: One click screenshot/print/data review/diagnostic report download etc.
- 👨🔧【Find Your Code-Be Your Car Mechanic】Spend a pretty penny at the auto repair shop or Save money on the Foxwell NT716 ABS scan tool? The latter is better. As a reliable vehicle diagnostic scan tool for checking and solving vehicle problems, it's definitely a great choice or gift for car owners (especially used car owners), DIYers, car dealers, technicians, mechanics and automotive engineers. No worries, we offer real value for your time and money.
- 2021 New Elite Version :ABS/SRS/AT/ENG System Diagnose + Health Report Generation: Launch CRP123E obd2 scanner can check ABS/SRS/AT/ENG systems & 10 obdii modes, read and clear fault codes, 4 in1 graphing parameter for 4 main systems. Stores and playbacks dynamic data stream, helps to quick analysis and diagnosis. what's more, you can generate a vehicle health report by one-click and share to your email via Wifi which can help avoid blind maintenance, offer solution, save time and money.
- 2021NEW Ver CRP123E KO CRP123 ; Wi-Fi one click update +Battery Voltage Test +Auto Vin+Record History; This Obd2 Scanner can : 1.One key wifi update without IP limited and free; 2.Realtime battery voltage graphing helps to Judge the state of the battery; 3.Auto identify Vin, facilitate accurate diagnosis and provide useful information; 4.Save the historical diagnosis report, replay the data flow, and provide you with useful parameters to prevent unnecessary repair
- 100000+ MAX Car List !!! Up to 2019/2020/2021 OVERAGE: Launch crp123e scan tool for all cars covering Asian, European, American and Malaysia, India,Iran car brands, up to 57 car brands, up to 100000 car models,Cover OBD1/OBD2/EOBD/JOBD ect vehicle.
- 【One to one Technical feedback and support】Base on cloud server of launch, the “feedback function” can get the professional guidance of Launch Engineer. The seller and launch provide 5-year free and 60 days unconditional return. For any questions, please refer to Q & A on this page or contact the seller.
- Support Car List : Includes 57 vehicle makers of the BMW, VW, Jeep, Ford, Volovo, . Dodge. Skoda. Mazda, Nissan. Porsche. Subaru. Lexus. Toyota. Audi. Benz. Abarth, Acura, Alfa Romeo, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW-Brilliance, Bugatti, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Citroen, Dacia, Daewoo, Dodge, Fiat, Fiat, Faking, General Motors (GM), Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Isuzu Thailand, Jaguar, Jeep, KIA, Lancia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Maybach, Mazda, Mini Cooper, Nissan, Opel, Peugeot, Porsc
- 👍【Scotty Kilmer Approved】Autel MaxiDiag MD806 OBD2 scanner is tested and approved by mechanic and YouTuber Scotty Kilmer! Check out the video at the 7th image. MD806 can scan ABS, SRS, Engine and Transmission systems to read, clear codes, Airbag modules, view live data stream, and perform 7 service resets on various makes and models. Note: MD806 does not work on cars after 2015. To check compatibility, please send VIN number to autelonline @ outlook . com directly.
- 👍【ABS, SRS, Engine & Transmission Diagnosis】Autel MD806 auto scan tool can scan ABS, SRS(airbag), Engine(ECM) and Transmission(TCM/Trans) systems to read and clear fault codes, view live data stream of multiple sensors. This car diagnostic scanner can help mechanics or DIYers to locate misfire cause, malfunctioning injector, check transmission oil temperature and pinpoint why the check engine light, ABS, airbag warning lights are on!
- 👍【7 Reset Services】Autel MD806 car diagnostic scanner can perform most commonly used service resets including Oil Reset, EPB Reset, SAS Reset, DPF Regeneration, Battery Registration, Throttle Relearn, Air Fuel Ratio Reset. Note: Service resets do not work on all cars. Please send VIN number and functions you need to autelonline @ outlook . com to check compatibility before purchase!
- 👍【All 10 Modes of OBD2 Tests & Diagnostic Report Printing】Autel MD806 OBD2 scan tool can perform all 10 modes of OBD2 tests, including read clear codes, view live data, smog check, view freeze frame data, O2 monitor test, on-board monitor test, component test, module present, view vehicle information. MD806 scanner tool allows printing out diagnostic report for further review and analysis.
- 👍【Lifetime Free Software Updates & 0% Risk Purchase】Autel MD806 auto diagnostic tool comes with 30 Day Return Policy, 1 Year Warranty and LIFETIME FREE software updates via internet. With 24/7 tech support at your hand, your purchase with us is 100% risk-free. Purchase now and go fix something like Scotty Kilmer!
- 【Must-to-Have Scanner in 2021】 Compared with MS906BT/MS908/MK908, Autel Maxisys MS906 has the same diagnostic functions, but is more portable and supports more vehicles (Up to 10,000 models). Note: NOT universally compatible. Please send car’s VIN to us to check the compatibility. With strong pro tech support teams and excellent after-sales service, we always provide high-quality, fast, efficient tech support and service to answer all technical and service issues.
- 【Over 31 Functions, 2021 Newest】 Designed for auto repair shops and professionals, Autel Scanner MS906 diagnostic tool has been upgraded with over 31 service functions, such as Oil Reset, EPB, BMS, SRS, ABS Bleed, SAS Calibration, DPF Generation, Injector Coding, Throttle Matching, Suspension Matching, TPMS, etc. Moreover, maxisys scanner MS906 can be constantly upgraded with more functions to meet your various maintenance needs.
- 【Advanced Coding, 2021 Recommended】 This cost-effective diagnostic tool, MS906, provides not only various diagnostic and maintenance functions, but also powerful coding functions to help professional auto repair garages/shops/workshops: ①Make full use of the hidden features; ②Reprogram adaptive data for replaced modules; ③Reinforce the car’s performance to solve issues of drivability, fuel efficiency, power loss, etc. Greatly improve work efficiency and win you more business.
- 【All Systems Diagnoses & Active Test】 Autel OBD2 diagnostic scanner MaxiSys MS906 comes with the same OE-level diagnostics for all electronic systems as the OEM scanner, including Read Codes, Erase codes, Live Data, ECU Information, Active test, etc.. Unlike the MK808/MK808BT/MK808TS, MS906, via active tests, can output the commands to vehicle’s ECUs to drive actuators to work and monitor the operation of the actuators, helping mechanics/technicians quickly find out bad parts on the cars.
- 【New Features in 2021 Version】 This original Autel OBD2 scan tool MS906 has been continuously optimized to the latest version in 2021 with more advanced features, such as Component Matching, Online Account Login Service, Guided Functions, Anti-theft IMMO Service, Power Balance, Refresh Hidden Functions, etc. Note: These advanced features are NOT available for all cars. For compatibility or any other problems, feel free to send the Serial No. to us.
Last update on 2021-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-12-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API